Open Contain in Little Rock, Arkansas
You read that right! Little Rock, Arkansas, the home of countless rock ‘n’ roll and rockabilly bars, southern style barbecue, and Junction Bridge has a district that is open container.
What does open container mean?
It means you can walk while drinking your favorite margaritas.
So where exactly can you get your little alcohol loving hands on these margs?
The River Market Entertainment District!
River Market Entertainment District
The River Market Entertainment District – a mouthful written way too many times – is a little district in Little Rock known for its various bars, entertainment, and delectable eateries along the Arkansas River.
This district is the place to be when work ends for the week and drinks start slinging. This neighborhood is a bustling area where tourists and locals are known to hang while eating their fried chicken and listening to rock ‘n’ roll music.
But where exactly should you be heading for drinks in the Little Rock open container area?
Little Rock Open Container Bars and Restaurants
- Buenos Aires Grill & Café
- Club 27
- Cache Restaurant
- Courtyard by Marriott (Bar)
- Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken
- Flying Saucer
- Stickyz Rock’N’Roll Chicken
- Rev Room
- Sonny William’s Steak Room
- Willy D’s
- Nexus Coffee
Places You Can Carry Your Drinks To
- The Galleries at Library Square
- Bobby L. Roberts Library Arkansas History and Art
- The Barn Mercantile
- UA Little Rock Downtown
- Freckled Frog
- Four Square Cafe and Gifts
- Ottenheimer Market Hall
- Little Rock River Market Pavilions
Rules of the Open Container
Yes, unfortunately, like anything involving alcohol and fun there has to be rules. Please remember these rules are here to keep us and the public safe so let’s not get too down about it.
The rules of the Little Rock open container zone are:
- Open container is only allowed in the River Market Entertainment District and does not include Junction Bridge
- Only select hours and holidays are open container approved
- Friday 5PM – 12AM
- Saturday 8AM-12AM
- Sunday 10AM – 7PM
- Check here for holidays
- You MUST be wearing an RMED band to carry from place to place and on the streets
- No outside drinks allowed – as in drinks not purchased from the RMED
- Keep an eye for the branded street poles and sidewalk decals – those are the boundaries
Things to Remember
Remember, this is meant to be a fun experience and a great way to support multiple local businesses. Don’t take advantage of the city, stay classy, and please don’t litter.
- Take some Liquid IV that night and the next morning for a fast recovery
- Explore more of Little Rock with this guide
- Make it a workcation and use these tips to stay on your game
- Work from anywhere with these freelancing tips
Follow along on social for more tips, tricks, and travel inspo!
Message me for your marketing, paid media, and writing needs. Email below!